Einkorn Wheatberry Breakfast Porridge
- 1 cup (173 grams) wheat berries
- 3 cups (.7 liters) water
- ¼ tsp (3 grams) salt
- Using the pulse feature on a food processor or coffee grinder grind the wheat berries until they have cracked and resemble coarse cornmeal.
- In a heavy bottom sauce pot bring 3 cups of water and salt to a rolling boil.
- Slowly whisk in the wheat berries, bring to a simmer and reduce heat to low.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes (depending on how chewy you like your porridge)
- Remove from heat and let stand for 2 minutes